|Date:||March 10, 2020|
|To:||Health Plan of San Joaquin (HPSJ) Providers, Practices, and Facilities|
|From:||HPSJ Provider Services Department|
|Subject:||Reminders for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) HPSJ Member Care|
Like you, Health Plan of San Joaquin (HPSJ) is closely following all the advisories from the CDC and the California Department of Public Health, as well as our local public health
This is a good time to offer the following reminders.
HPSJ HealthReach Nurse/Physician Advice Line –
This Nurse Line and MD consult service is available to HPSJ members with viral respiratory symptoms. HealthReach details include the following:
- 1-800-655-8294 (toll free)
- Available – at no charge to members – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If the Advice Nurse feels that consultation with a physician is required, one can be made available to our member as part of the phone call.
No prior authorizations are needed –
- For patients seeking necessary emergency care:
- This is for in-network providers
- or out-of-network providers
- This includes for screening, testing, and treatment related to COVID-19.
- As of today, QUEST Labs has testing kits available for HPSJ patients.
Billing Reminders –
- Do not bill Medi-Cal members for medically necessary testing related to COVID-19.
- Please bill HPSJ using ICD-10-CM UO7.1
We want to support you and your staff and help ensure our health plan members can access medically necessary care in a timely fashion. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at 209-942-6320.
We deeply appreciate the care that you give to our HPSJ members, and all that you do for the health and well-being of our community. THANK YOU!