The Health Careers Scholarship Program is open to local, graduating high school seniors and first year, full-time (minimum 12 units) college students at a *participating school. Students applying for the scholarship must demonstrate a commitment to pursue a medical or healthcare career in the Central Valley, show academic excellence, as well as, a dedication to community service and a need for financial support.
Planning to become a medical or healthcare professional in the Central Valley?
Fourteen students pursuing a medical or healthcare career will receive $2,500 as part of Health Plan of San Joaquin’s Health Careers Scholarship Program. Health Plan of San Joaquin provides a Mentorship Program to provide scholarship awardees with educational support and guidance from a knowledgeable professional. Participation in the Mentorship Program is mandatory for scholarship awardees.
Since 2009, Health Plan of San Joquin has awarded over 170 scholarships to students throughout our Central Valley Service Area.
The following schools are participating in the Health Careers Scholarship Program for 2018:
- San Joaquin Delta College Nursing Program
- Decision Medicine A Program Of The San Joaquin Medical Society
- Health Careers Academy High School
- University of the Pacific, Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy
- Grace Davis High School Health Careers Academy
- Modesto Junior College Nursing Program
- California State University, Stanislaus School of Nursing
Posted on February 18th, 2015 and last modified on September 19th, 2018.