Disease Management is the process in which we assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate options and services to meet an individual’s health needs through communication and available resources to promote quality cost effective outcomes.
By participating in our Asthma program, members learn what their medications do, the proper use of inhalers and spacers, trigger avoidance, ways to participate in and enjoy physical activity, and how to identify early warning signs of an Asthma attack before it happens. Talk with your doctor to learn more about your participation in our Asthma program or you may call our Member Services Department at anytime to request more information.
If you would like to learn more about our Asthma Condition Management programs or would like to self-refer, please contact our Disease Management staff. We can be reached at 1-888-318-7526 Monday-Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
By participating in our Diabetes program, members learn what their medications do, how to control diabetes with good meal planning, how to avoid complications by getting regular blood work and eye exams, ways to participate in and enjoy physical activity, and how to identify early warning signs that your diabetes may not be in control. Talk with your doctor to learn more about your participation in our Diabetes program or you may call our Member Services Department at anytime to request more information.
If you would like to learn more about our Diabetes Condition Management programs or would like to self-refer, please contact our Disease Management staff. We can be reached at 1-888-318-7526 Monday-Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
This program is free for our members because we know that getting help for any heart related illness is hard to find. HPSJ will help you learn more about your illness. You will have nurses and doctors to help you along the way to take care of your health and give you any new information about your heart related illness.
Our program is made up of people who know your illness. They are here to help you take control of your health.
In the program you can get:
- Learn about heart related illnesses
- Get community resource materials
- Get educated on medicine/s
- Learn how to take care of your heart
- Learn how you’re doing
- Go over your health state
- Learn about local health fair events and classes
*All material will be mailed to you
You can reach us at 1.888.318.7526. We can answer questions about your health relating to medicine or other health need/s. You can find out more about heart related illnesses on our website.
We look forward to helping you manage your health needs.
- Using qualified staff to identify and assess the physical, behavioral, cognitive, functional, and social needs of members.
- Developing a case management plan (when needed) with input from the member and caregiver.
- Working with the member and caregiver to achieve a set of goals made for the individual needs of the member, caregiver and the member’s family and support system.
The goals of our Disease Management program are to:
- Improve quality of life
- Improve functional capacity
- Increase self-care
- Improve experience
- Improve Health & Wellness
- Reduce unnecessary emergency department visits and hospital admissions
- Enhance access to appropriate health care resources
Posted on June 16th, 2015 and last modified on April 4th, 2018.