REMINDER: MANDATORY– Cultural Competency Training2021
|Date:||September 7, 2021|
|To:||Health Plan of San Joaquin (HPSJ) Providers|
|From:||Health Plan of San Joaquin|
|Subject:||REMINDER: MANDATORY– Cultural Competency Training 2021|
Annual training is mandated by California’s Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to ensure providers and delegated entities are meeting the unique and diverse needs of all members.
Health Plan of San Joaquin (HPSJ) provides our contracted provider network and delegated entities 2021 Cultural Competency and Sensitivity training materials, including the digital attestation form, on our website:
- Health Plan of San Joaquin Cultural Competency Training
- Seniors and Persons with Disabilities (SPD) Awareness and Sensitivity Training
- Quality Healthcare for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender People
- A Physicians Practical Guide to Culturally Competent Care
- Cultural Competency and Patient Engagement
Office managers and clinic administrators – You may complete the training attestation on behalf of your practice and clinic providers if Cultural Competency and Sensitivity Training has been a part of in-house trainings or if your site has taken a training to comply with another health plan during 2021.
Providers that have completed a training receive a Cultural Competency designation in the HPSJ ProviderDirectory.
If you have questions, please contact the Provider Services team at 1.888.936.PLAN (7526).