REMINDER – Beacon Health Options is available during the holidays 2019
|Date:||December 13, 2019|
|To:||Health Plan of San Joaquin (HPSJ) Providers|
|From:||HPSJ Medical Management Department|
|Subject:||REMINDER – Beacon Health Options is available during the holidays|
While the holidays are a time of joy for many, for some, it can be a time of increased stress, loneliness, and anxiety. Health Plan of San Joaquin would like to remind our Providers that Beacon Health Options is the behavioral health (BH) partner of HPSJ and covers members with mild-tomoderate impairments, such as those experiencing amplified levels of stress during the holidays.
Beacon Health Options is available to:
- Help connect your patients to mental health services
- Get psychiatric consultation services through Beacon’s PCP decision support service
A PCP referral is not needed and no prior authorization is required to access therapy or prescribing services. Beacon will screen members to determine the severity of their symptoms and refer those with severe impairments to their county Mental Health Plan.
Simply call Beacon > 888.581.7526
As the member’s primary provider, your office often is the first line for identification and treatment of BH issues. HPSJ is committed to leading the integration of medical and BH services with the goal of improved member outcomes.
PCP DECISION SUPPORT SERVICES with a Beacon Psychiatrist
Beacon offers telephonic doctor-to-doctor clinical decision support with a licensed psychiatrist. This curbside consult can help with concerns and/ or questions about prescribing psychotropic medications to the member.
Easy as 1-2-3. Start by calling Beacon or fax a Beacon PCP Referral form.
- The referral form can be accessed through the PCP toolkit online at pcptoolkit.beaconhealthoptions.com.
- Identify that you are a PCP requesting a telephonic consultation with a Beacon psychiatrist.
- Identify the best date and time for the consultation and the best number that our psychiatrist can reach you.
Our HPSJ Primary Care Providers are important partners in delivering care to our members. We hope this reminder will be helpful for you and your practice.