NCQA reaccreditation for Health Plan of San Joaquin (HPSJ)
(French Camp, CA) – The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) has awarded Health Plan of San Joaquin its three-year reaccreditation in the category of Medicaid HMO. NCQA is one of the most comprehensive evaluations in the health insurance industry. HPSJ Chief Medical Officer Lakshmi Dhanvanthari, MD, said: “Health Plans accredited by NCQA demonstrate their ongoing commitment to delivering high-quality care… NCQA is very member focused and this reaccreditation reaffirms the company wide dedication to serve our members and the community.”
For members of Health Plan of San Joaquin, who are mostly working families and children, as well as seniors and persons with disabilities, this means –
- NCQA has reaffirmed that HPSJ aligns with its Quality standards to increasingly deliver better
service, having greater and greater positive impacts on members’ health.
- HPSJ’s diverse membership can rely on their member-friendly, very easy to read communications
and the strong member advocacy from their case management team.
- NCQA recognized that HPSJ deploys tech-supported processes to improve the member experience
– and that HPSJ will continue to explore and add such technologies, as they benefit members and
support the HPSJ provider network.
- Members are choosing quality by choosing HPSJ, their local, home-grown health plan.
Health Plan of San Joaquin, a not-for-profit, public health plan, has been serving members and the community since 1996. Located in the heart of California’s multicultural Central Valley, HPSJ is the leading Medi-Cal managed care provider in San Joaquin and Stanislaus counties. HPSJ offers a broad network of providers and works closely with physicians to develop programs and services to ensure quality health care for almost 350,000 members who are mostly working families and children, as well as seniors and disabled residents.