|Date:||March 3, 2020|
|To:||Health Plan of San Joaquin (HPSJ) Practitioners, Providers and Facilities|
|From:||HPSJ Quality Management Department|
Good News – Additional supports for your HPSJ patients
|Business:||Medi-Cal Managed Care|
myRewards – Our redesigned Member Incentives Program – is designed to support
California’s new Managed Care Accountability Set (MCAS). Effective January 1, 2020,
myRewards connects with members so they are more likely to act preventatively for their
We want your HPSJ patients to come to you and complete seven (7) myRewards actions:
- Measure 1- Adolescent Well-Care Visits
- Measure 6- Breast Cancer Screening
- Measure 7- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Measure 10- CDC HbA1c testing
- Measure 16- Timeliness of Prenatal Care
- Measure 20- Well Child visits in the first 15 months of life (6 or more)
- Well Child visits in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th years of life.
2020 myRewards changes: Highlights
- Breast Cancer Screening (Measure 6) has been added. This measure targets
women over 50 who have not completed an exam.
- Well-Child, The First 15 (Measure 20) has been added to focus on ensuring that infants and toddlers receive 6 TIMELY well-care visits in the first 15 months of life.
- Asthma (Measure 5) which aims to improve medication adherence is NOT incentivized as part of the 2020 myRewards, but remains a focus through other initiatives.
Find more about HPSJ’s myRewards at hpsj.com/myRewards.
They expire on 2/28/2020 and do not work for the 2020 myRewards program.
HPSJ Provider Alert: MyRewards Revised Member Incentives & NEW Texting Pilot Program 3/3/2020
Text messaging is here!
HPSJ tests new way to communicate: Prompts for members to act for their health
Because texting is now so popular with our members, we have created this pilot texting program. By using text messaging to engage and educate members, we hope to increase the number that complete preventive care visits. The program will also give member’s a quick and easy way to receive their incentive online – an alternate to mail!
Text Campaign – Ways we connect, measure, and keep you posted. After creating the text pilot and working with our Community Advisory Committee to develop effective messaging, HPSJ received state approval and had a soft-launch on Feb. 5. We now are monitoring the program to evaluate its effectiveness. We look forward to reporting back to you.
How it works.
HPSJ texts members who have a working cell number and need one or more of the seven myRewards measures (listed on page 1). Texts from HPSJ will:
- Alert members when they qualify for an incentive, letting them know which visit or screening is due according to GAP Reports
- Prompt members to call their PCP office for an appointment or request a lab slip
- Educate members about relevant health topics
- Explain how to redeem rewards (incentives) online or by mail – their choice!
Your positive reinforcement for members as they make appointments during this pilot texting program is important.
We are confident myRewards and our new Texting pilot program will be measurably effective in helping your practice encourage HPSJ patients get the care they need and establish positive, healthy behaviors. We remain committed to working with you and your practice staff to improve the health of our members by implementing care and data strategies that focus on all MCAS measures. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at 209-942-6320.