Medi-Cal Redetermination Process
Your Medi-Cal needs to be renewed each year to keep your benefits. The county will conduct a review to determine if you and your family members continue to meet 醫療補助資格 requirements. This review process can also be called an 年度重新確定.
- Once a year, you will get a letter in the mail that tells you if your Medi-Cal was automatically renewed by the county or if your county needs more information.
- It is important to read this letter and follow the instructions.
- If your county asks for more information, you must give it to them by the due date. If you do not respond by the due date, your Medi-Cal benefits may end.
What steps can I take to keep myself and my family covered?
1. Keep your contact information updated
Make sure the county has your current name, mailing address, phone number, email address, or other contact information if it has changed. You can update it online at BenefitsCal.com
2. Check your mail
The county will mail you a letter about your Medi-Cal eligibility. If you need to complete a renewal form, submit your information by mail, phone, in person, or online, so you don’t lose your coverage.
3. Create or check your online account
Create or check your BenefitsCal account to sign up to get text or email alerts about your case and the renewal process
How can I turn in my renewal forms or update my information?
1. Go online:
- Create your online account today by going to BenefitsCal.com and selecting the “Create an Account” link. To learn more, watch the video: “BenefitsCal: How to Create an Account”
- If you already have a BenefitsCal.com account, you can submit by following the steps in this video: “BenefitsCal How to Submit a Medi-Cal Renewal”
2. Mail the packet back to your county office.
3. Visit your county office in person.
4. Call your county office.
San Joaquin County
333 E. Washington Street, Stockton CA 95202
Toll Free: 1-800-300-1506
251 Hackett Road, Modesto CA 95358
Toll Free: 1-877-652-0734
Are there places I can go to get help with the renewal process?
You can get answers to your questions, help filling out forms and more by contacting one of the resources on the flyers below:
What happens after I fill out and submit my information?
You will receive a letter from the county once your documents have been reviewed.
What happens if I need help with something else?
If any of the circumstances below apply to you, you can visit the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) site 這裡 了解更多信息。
Update my information
My contact information has changed. I need to update it so Medi-Cal can contact me.
I got a renewal form
I was mailed a yellow envelope with a Medi-Cal renewal form. How do I complete it?
I'm no longer covered
I got a letter saying I’m no longer eligible, but I need health coverage. What are my options?
I was renewed
I got a letter in the mail saying my Medi-Cal coverage has been renewed.
Do you need more information or assistance with something else? Call HPSJ’s Community Engagement Team, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. at 888.896.7526. Option 3, TTY 711.