The program is unique in providing a balanced exposure to longitudinal ambulatory care practice as well as the operation of a Medicaid managed care HMO. The primary emphasis is placed on the application of clinical skill on the development and implementation of medication use management initiatives and policies, clinical programs, clinical analytics, formulary and disease management, pharmacoeconomic and outcome assessment, dug information, and effective communication.
The resident will be involved in classroom teaching and precepting clerkship students from University of the Pacific. .
Ask Yourself, “Do I want to…”
- Have an opportunity to lead a P&T meeting?
- Continuously improve my clinical skills and knowledge?
- Participate in all aspects of managed care pharmacy longitudinally, not “rotations”?
- Be a valued part of the pharmacy team?
- Focus on my development of personal and professional leadership?
- Design, build, and implement clinical programs from start to finish?
- Participate in meaningful process improvement?
- Build a strong foundation of analytical skills and become an expert in extracting clinical meaning from large amounts of data?
- Improve the lives of an entire population, rather than one patient at a time?
- View healthcare as a whole (medical, pharmacy, and preventative) rather than just focus on drug spend and utilization?
- Gain experience in teaching didactic pharmacy education and as a preceptor for APPE students?
- Contribute to the advancement of the profession of pharmacy?
- Become a leader in managed care pharmacy?
If the answer is “Yes!”, a residency at HPSJ may help you achieve your career goals.
Posted on September 24th, 2014 and last modified on October 22nd, 2018.