Pharmacy Benefits Will Change: January 1, 2021
|Date:||October 15, 2020|
|To:||Health Plan of San Joaquin (HPSJ) Provider Network|
|From:||Health Plan of San Joaquin|
|Subject:||Pharmacy Benefits Will Change: January 1, 2021|
Effective January 1, 2021 –
- Health Plan of San Joaquin pharmacy benefits will be transitioned to and administered by the new agency, Medi-Cal Rx.
- ALL outpatient pharmacy drugs will be covered by Medi-Cal Rx.
- The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) has partnered with Magellan Medicaid Administration, Inc. to provide this benefit and support Medi-Cal Rx.
(4) Things you can do NOW!
- Register for the secure Medi-Cal Rx Provider Web Portal.
- Create a plan for your HPSJ patients’ medication starting January 1, 2021. DHCS has created a transition plan to ensure that coverage for beneficiaries’ medication will continue from January 1, 2021.
- Review online, www.Medi-CalRx.dhcs.ca.gov:
- Medical Rx Pharmacy Transition Policy
- Contract Drug List (CDL)
- List of covered pharmacy providers
- Call, if you have questions:
- Before Jan 1: Medi-Cal Member Help Line, 1-800-541-5555 TTY/TDD 711, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
- As of Jan 1, 2021, Medi-Cal Rx Call Center Line, 1-800-977-2273 TTY/TDD 711, 24/7, or visit www.Medi-CalRx.dhcs.ca.gov
During this transition, HPSJ wants to make sure our members are served without disruption – and you, your staff and business operations are supported. Look for more from HPSJ in coming days.
Attached: 90-Day Notice from DHCS to Medi-Cal Members (3 pages)